VALENTINE’S NOTES FOR YOUR EX
Oh Valentine’s Day, what a beautiful time to celebrate love and all the ways it impacts our life. Even if you’re celebrating February 14 as National Single Awareness Day, you can still find ways to honor the day and its traditions. Because after all, Valentine’s Day is about our love life- and who hasn’t helped shaped that more than our ex’s? So if you’re avoiding cupid this year and can’t resist getting in one last jab at someone who may have made the last few sour, then update your Valentine’s Day cards this year with these special messages tailored for your ex.
If you’d like to stay with a classic, then send one of these cards that put a small twist on the ageless poem.
- Roses are red, violets are blue. This day’s about love, but I hate you.
- Roses are red, violets are blue. You may have left me, but I’m better without you.
- Roses are red, violets are blue. My life became special when I finally left you.
- Rose are red, violets are blue. My friends now know every little thing about you. (Every little thing)
- Rose are red violets are blue. My favorite thing about me is that I’m no longer with you.
If poems aren’t your style then opt for a “heartfelt” message instead.
- (Front) I’m sorry for calling you crazy. You deserve more credit than that. (Inside) I should have said really
- (Front) If I had a nickel for every time I thought about you…(Inside) I wouldn’t even be able to buy a gumball.
- (Front) I’m sorry for how our relationship ended. (Inside) I’m really sorry it ever even started.
- (Front) I will always treasure our times together…(Inside) because I’m planning on using it for material to make me the next Adele.
- (Front) My time as your significant other meant so much to me…(Inside) because my social media stalking skills have now made me eligible for the FBI.
Take inspiration from film and song with a play off these memorable romantic lines and scenes.
- (Front) If you’re a bird, I’m a bird…(Inside) but like a much bigger bird. The kind that is obviously higher on the evolutionary chart than you and one that could destroy you if need be.
- (Front) It started out with a kiss, how did it end up like this? (Inside) Oh that’s right, you cheated.
- (Front) Our song is a slammin’ screen door…(Inside) from when I finally wised up and left you.
- (Front) Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world you had to walk into mine. (Inside) Everything really went downhill from there.
- (Front) I’ll never let go…(Inside) unless we’re in the middle of the ocean then I’m dropping your a*s.
- (Front) Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. (Inside) You killed my dreams. Prepare to die.
- (Front) You lost me at hello…(Inside) and had me at goodbye.
- (Front) “I miss you.”-You—(Inside) “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.”-Me